VOLUNTEER FOR THE UPCOMING 2022 / 2023 SEASON
What is SnowBusters?
SnowBusters is a volunteer snow removal service for seniors and/or persons with disabilities. The SnowBusters community program matches eligible individuals with volunteers who commit to clearing snow from a residents’ walkway or driveway within 72 hours after each snowfall.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM IMPACT OUR COMMUNITY?
SnowBusters volunteers are an essential part of making a life-changing experience for our community, whether you become a SnowBuster or simply help out a neighbour. Help to build a stronger and safer community and create an opportunity for an important connection.
• It helps neighbours remain independent in their homes.
• Helps prevent injuries from slips and falls.
• Promotes community connections and inclusion.
• It’s also great exercise!
WHEN AND WHERE DOES THE PROGRAM RUN?
During the 2022/2023 winter season, 72 hours or less after every snowfall. We do our best to match our volunteers with residents who live nearby.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO VOLUNTEER?
- Teams or Groups*
*(All youth under 18 must have an adult present while volunteering)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM?
To qualify for SnowBusters you must meet the following criteria:
- Strathcona County Resident.
- My Net Annual Income does not exceed $29,285 for a single income household or $47,545 for total household income.
- Physically unable to maintain the property.
- Are solely responsible for keeping the walks and driveways free of snow.
- No persons in the residence that are physically able to maintain property (no children or grandchildren).
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM?
- Click the “Volunteer Application” button to the right
At the Volunteer Strathcona, we envision a community where people look out for each other. Together, we can create a supportive, safe, and connected place to call home.
Disclaimer: All Volunteer Strathcona clients and volunteers agree not to enter into any additional agreements and/or offer additional services, paid or otherwise, outside the scope of their agreement(s) with Volunteer Strathcona. Any clients or volunteers that do not follow this rule will no longer be eligible to participate in any Volunteer Strathcona programs.