Volunteer Strathcona News
- Alberta Blue Cross Community Wellbeing Grant Nominations are OpenRecognize an exceptional volunteer in our province through the Alberta Blue Cross Community Wellbeing Grant program! Alberta Blue Cross will award $1000 to outstanding volunteers, plus another $1000 to the charitable organization they volunteer with. Please note that all nominations … Read more
- Breakfast Network Meeting @ the Sherwood Park Chamber of CommerceChamber members can join us at the Chamber building on June 1, 2023 for the weekly Thursday Breakfast network! Executive Director Wendy Bouwman Oake will be giving a Volunteer Strathcona update. Complimentary continental breakfast will be provided, and members are … Read more
- Office Closure for Victoria Day Long WeekendOur office will be closed on Monday, May 22, 2023, in observance of the Victoria Day long weekend. We will reopen on Tuesday, May 23 at 8:30 am. If you need to contact us, please send us an email and … Read more
Presented by the Government of Alberta
Please note that the Crowdfunding Alberta Campaign Lab includes 3 sessions, and participants are expected to attend all 3 sessions.
Day 1: June 13, 2023 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Day 2: June 20, 2023 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Day 3: June 27, 2023 6:00 – 9:00 pm
The Crowdfunding Alberta Campaign Lab is designed to help build organizations’ online fundraising capacity. Over the course of 3, 3-hour online sessions non-profits will receive hands-on training and coaching, curated resources to reference for ongoing guidance as they develop their own crowdfunding campaign, demonstrations to help find and optimize the platform’s marketing tools, and customized feedback from a panel of fundraising experts to ensure their campaign is market-ready when it goes live.
Presented by IntegralOrg
Leaders in the nonprofit sector – at any level of an organization – are a breed unto their own. They are dedicated individuals who are passionate about serving their communities and striving in creative ways towards social change.
Effective nonprofit leadership is an ongoing journey and intentional practice. Whether you are working on systems level community change, running a nonprofit organization, or leading a team – impactful leadership requires an understanding of self and an openness to learning.
In this free 1-hour workshop for senior leaders, team leads, and aspiring leaders, Leslie Tamagi and Mike Grogan give an overview of leadership theory balanced with ways to put knowledge into practice. The workshop will also include an introduction to IntegralOrg’s Nonprofit Leadership Development program which is set to launch later this year.
- Developing leadership within your self, your team, and your community
- Evolving leadership to meet emerging needs in the nonprofit sector
- Responsive leadership: adapting your role to real time
Having trouble getting the message out? Worried about contacting the media? Need some help deciding on your communications strategy or tactics? Need an opinion on graphic design? This is the session for you! ECVO Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing, Leila Daoud, is here to answer your communications questions during this 1-hour session! Come prepared to ask your questions in real time and learn from the challenges and opportunities discussed by other participants.
Presented by ECVO