WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THE 2022 SEASON
What is LawnBusters?
LawnBusters is a volunteer lawn-care service for seniors and/or persons with disabilities. Volunteers help residents remain in their homes safely over the spring and summer by reducing the risk of them harming themselves in the heat using lawn equipment. The LawnBusters community program matches eligible individuals with volunteers who commit to cutting grass from a residents’ front and/or back lawn as needed.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM IMPACT OUR COMMUNITY?
LawnBusters volunteers are an essential part of making a life-changing experience for our community, whether you become a LawnBuster or simply help out a neighbour. Help to build a stronger and safer community and create an opportunity for an important connection.
• It helps neighbours remain independent in their homes.
• Helps prevent injuries from heat stroke and using equipment.
• Promotes community connections and inclusion.
• It’s also great exercise for volunteers!
WHEN AND WHERE DOES THE PROGRAM RUN?
The program start and end times will be determined by weather and grass growth. Volunteers commit to supporting clients for the entire spring and summer mowing season. Mowing happens as needed. We do our best to match our volunteers with residents who live nearby.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO VOLUNTEER?
- Teams or Groups*
*(All youth under 18 must have an adult present while volunteering)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM?
*We are no longer accepting new LawnBusters clients for the 2022 season. You are welcome to apply for the program next year.
To qualify for LawnBusters you must meet the following criteria:
- Strathcona County Resident.
- Must have a working lawn mower.
- My Net Annual Income does not exceed $29,285 for a single income household or $47,545 for total household income.
- Physically unable to maintain the lawn.
- Are solely responsible for lawn maintenance for my property.
- No persons in the residence that are physically able to maintain the lawn (no children or grandchildren).
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM?
- Click the “Volunteer Application” button to the right
At the Volunteer Strathcona, we envision a community where people look out for each other. Together, we can create a supportive, safe, and connected place to call home.
Disclaimer: All Volunteer Strathcona clients and volunteers agree not to enter into any additional agreements and/or offer additional services, paid or otherwise, outside the scope of their agreement(s) with Volunteer Strathcona. Any clients or volunteers that do not follow this rule will no longer be eligible to participate in any Volunteer Strathcona programs.