Job Opportunity: Program and Initiatives Coordinator Posted on May 2, 2018 in
Program and Initiatives Coordinator
Information and Volunteer Centre for Strathcona County
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program and Initiatives Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of professional development, networking events and other resources for those who work and volunteer in nonprofit and community organizations, and for connecting residents and the business community to volunteer opportunities.
- Plan, develop, promote and deliver professional development training.
- Develop, promote and facilitate coordination of networking events for community organizations.
- Assist in developing new ideas and initiatives.
- Work with sponsors and funders to ensure reporting in accordance with agreements.
- Administer volunteer promotion opportunity and referral program, including database maintenance and promotion.
- Follow trends and conduct research as required.
- Monthly Digital Newsletter development and delivery to registered organizations.
- Lead the delivery of National Volunteer Week and other initiatives.
- Assist business community to facilitate their Days of Giving with community organizations.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in related discipline or three years’ experience in a non-profit environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Volunteer program management or coordination/volunteer experience.
- Knowledge of Strathcona County community organizations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to nurture and maintain relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as public presentation skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Review projects and opportunities from a risk management perspective to ensure success.
- Flexibility to positively consider new initiatives and direction.
- Strong computer skills, website experience and social media.
- Full-time (35) hours
- Weekday office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with one hour for lunch) and very occasional weekends and evenings.
- Out of office meetings
- Occasional projects and events will require light lifting due to set up and tear down.
Salary Range: $38,000 to $44,000/year
Application Deadline is May 14, 2018
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.